6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2011 12:03 PM by RuneRune RSS

HQ over 3G not working on iPhone

nbrahm

I see other posts on this, but no solutions. 

SQ works fine, but when I choose HQ is says "switching to HQ", but then that message goes away, it never says "optimizing," and the spinning circle showing the iPhone working goes on forever (video/audio never starts).

I'm getting 5 bars and at least 700 kbps, which is enough (for previous posters who said this isn't enough, this is for HQ over a 3G network, NOT HD).  HQ worked fine for the first week I had my slingbox and iPhone app (mid-December), but now it doesn't work.  I've tried multiple locations with perfect reception and no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Re: HQ over 3G not working on iPhone
          Todays

Im having the same problem as hundreds of others are as well. New update to latest app causes the player to constantly "refresh". (spinning whit wheel) Tech support could not correct problem. I have tried everything under the sun.  My sling Box and Sling Player Mobile on my iphone 3 worked perfect for 8 months.  I performed the firmware update on Box and App. update on iphone. Has not worked since.  PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

My personal opinion is the new App update now requires more bandwidth to properly stream than they say it does!!!

RuneRune

SOLVED

I just looked around and I did one thing that solved mye problem.

A guy told me that i had to update my slingbox solo, but I had done that before trough slingplayer.

Just to be sure I went into : http://setup.slingbox.com/

From there i did as follow:

1. Click get started

2. Install the plugin if you dont have it

3. Click on your slingbox

4. Click on Set up Internet viewing

5. After it is finished just click next and you are done

Now try to watch tv with a iPhone with 3g or iPad with 3g

Works for me!!!!!

Let me know if it worked for you.

RuneRune

This is what support said

Rune Eriksen: But Support, why did it not work when i did the upgrade when i bought it and used slingplayer for pc ?
              20:44 Rune Eriksen: why did it then work when i used setup.slingmedia
              20:44 Rune Eriksen: i only went trought the Setup Internet Viewing on setup.slingmedia because it was already with the correct update on the slingbox
              20:45 Support:  The faact is that the slingplayer desktop will be phased out when the watch.slingbox.com and setup.slingbox.com are ready and supporting all the functions
              20:46 Rune Eriksen: ok, so the problem is that i used slingplayer for pc to do the update and the setup Internet viewing? I should have done it trough setup.slingbox.com from the start?
              20:47 Support: Yes you are right,
              20:48 Rune Eriksen: how should i have known that???
              20:48 Rune Eriksen: :-)
              20:48 Support: That's why we are here as support.
              20:48 Rune Eriksen: lol, shall i spread the word?
              20:48 Support: That would be great.