5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2011 1:17 PM by Slingyn64802k11 RSS

Number of clients - SlingBox Pro, Solo

shlomisp

I would like to know how many clients can watch simultaneously each Sligbox Input on Solo and Pro HD

• Re: Number of clients - SlingBox Pro, Solo
          PatRyanVB

If I'm reading your question correctly as "how many people can watch 1 slingbox's stream at a time".. the answer is "1".  Only 1 person can watch a slingbox at a time.

shlomisp

To clarify my question: I was sure that in Slingbox SOLO 1 person can watch a TV stream at the same time, and in Pro HD 4 Viewers can watch 1 stream in parallel.

please confirm or comment. Thanks!

amagley

Only one person can connect to any slingbox device at a time. The HD Pro allows 4 input devices to be connected. I've seen a lot of posts on here asking the exact same thing.

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

As many people as can gather around your laptop.

Slingyn64802k11

Here's my question regarding this topic: if I (which I do have) own the Slingbox PRO-HD for viewing on my Apple iPad 2 and someone else owns (not yet) a Slingbox SOLO (assuming on the same network and same house), can two people view two devices (seperately) on his or her own device (assuming another iPad or iPad 2)? If so, how does that work? Does the Slingbox SOLO need to be connected to SlingLink Turbo in order for the person to be watching his/her SB (Slingbox) SOLO in a different room if it is not near a router/modem? My Slingbox PRO-HD is right by the modem/router, so that works just fine. The only issue (for me, anyway) I'm having is that how do I connect the component cable? Do I have  to have a regular VCR with those component cables in order to watch component-cabled TV shows (and yes, my coaxial cable is already plugged in for basic TV watching)?

One more thing: If I'm logged on to my own SBHD (Slingbox PRO-HD) and someone else logs on to his or her Slingbox SOLO, would that cause a conflict when we both watch basic cable TV? Would a very long coaxial cable be necessary with a TV splitter work as well?

Thank you very much! Help is much appreciated!

William Westerso