2 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2011 1:13 PM by georgeten Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox Pro HD wont reset. Dead?

incolor

I did a software upgrade, and everything worked for a few hours. But now I keep getting errors trying to connect. So, I checked the physical box, and the Ethernet connection light is not lit. I tried power-cycling the box several times with no change in status, and now I have tried a few times to reset the device by holding down the Reset button for five seconds.

The box stays in the following state, no matter what I do:

• Power light lit solid
      • Upsidedown U fully lit solid
      • Nothing else lit or blinking

I think it's dead and very likely out of warranty (it's my third warranty exchange in several years). What are my options?

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD wont reset. Dead?
          BrandonC Novice

incolor wrote:

I did a software upgrade, and everything worked for a few hours. But now I keep getting errors trying to connect. So, I checked the physical box, and the Ethernet connection light is not lit. I tried power-cycling the box several times with no change in status, and now I have tried a few times to reset the device by holding down the Reset button for five seconds.

The box stays in the following state, no matter what I do:

• Power light lit solid
          • Upsidedown U fully lit solid
          • Nothing else lit or blinking

I think it's dead and very likely out of warranty (it's my third warranty exchange in several years). What are my options?

Did you ever figure it out?

Most likely you have a bad power supply. But your best bet is to call Sling Support and work with them to resolve the issue.

• Re: Slingbox Pro HD wont reset. Dead?
            georgeten

I had the same problem. replaced with a compatible power supply and works fine since 3 months.