1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 27, 2011 4:20 PM by ranaleon RSS

Router configuration

newcombka

My slingbox seems to be working fine after initial setup....but there was a part of the setup that offered the option to custom configure my router in order to maximize performance...I hit "skip" because I could not match my Motorola router (SBG941) in the slingbox setup, but am wondering if we will regret skipping that when our son logs on in Europe later this week? Also, are there any known issues regarding use of the slingbox in Europe. I am technically challenged so please be gentle and many thanks for the help!

• Re: Router configuration
          Apprentice

Hi, newcombka

If you were not able to finish the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing, you will not be able to get the remote connection. If you purchased the Slingbox and installed in US, you will not have issues in order to get the remote connection from anywhere around the world, as long as you use a computer with Internet service access.

Although you have a different router model, the following third-party link will allow you to get the step-by-step instructions in order to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing.

Port Forwarding SlingBox on the Motorola SBG1000

Just make sure to follow the instructions and let us know how it works for you.