6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2011 8:58 AM by AUTiger83 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Is guide suposed to be grayed out

ktdan1

to whom it may concern,

May current setup is directly connected into Cable with out a cable box,  should the guide on the WM7 software be grayed out?

thank you

• Re: Is guide suposed to be grayed out
          ktdan1

Is there anyone home in this support form,  Just spent $300 for a Sling Box HD and another $30 for the Windows Phone 7 Sling Player and the support form is like an empty cave

Apprentice

Hi, ktdan1

The Electronic Program Guide (EPG) is a feature that is not available on any of the Mobile applications. It is available only on the desktop and web-based applications.

ktdan1

Thank you for you response, since the icon is on the screen of the mobile player, will this be activated in the future or will you remove it from the screen as an option.

thank you

Kevin

dbsguy Apprentice

Moderators ranaleon

1,258 posts since
                  Mar 23, 2010

Jan 28, 2011

Re: Is guide suposed to be grayed out

Hi, ktdan1

The Electronic Program Guide (EPG) is a feature that is not available on any of the Mobile applications. It is available only on the desktop and web-based applications.

That is TOTALLY INCORRECT. It's enabled at least on the iPhone and iPad mobile apps.

Now as far as the android app, I can not confirm nor deny it's availability as I don't run that platform.

AUTiger83

My "Guide" button is also greyed out.  But if you watch this video in YouTube,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHVNPQ0b8Xo

It has an Guide button that works.

I also don't have the five buttons across the top, only two.

Anyone know how to activate these options?  I've scoured this entire site without finding any info.

FYI . . . my cable service is provided by ComCast, and my cable box is branded with both ComCast and Motorola logos and is model DTA100/2305/000.

According to the Slingplayer on my PC, I have the latest software version 2.0.4.522.

AUTiger83

And I have the latest firmware on the Slingbox HD Pro.  Still the Guide button is greyed out, even though the video shows it working.  I'd done a "reset" on the Slingbox and set it up from scratch.  Still no guide.  Does anyone have it working?  And ideas on how to enable that feature?