1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 3, 2011 8:16 PM by AlRichey RSS

Atlas 1056B01

dabbwom

I live in Southern California where the digital provider is Time Warner. They supply a Motorola DCX 3400 box which is controlled by an Atlas 1056B01 remote control. Thousands of people have these.

Slingbox does not have this remote configured. There is no support for this anywhere on Slingbox' site, including any forum. The external remote support forums do not have the bin codes for Mac. The "remote training" app does not work. The support line says they cannot support.

Question: If Slingbox does not work with remotes and boxes in the largest state in the nation, isn't the lack of a disclaimer to that effect a violation of consumer protection laws?

Basically, I just spent over $400 for a useless set of boxes and IPAD software. That makes me very unhappy, and I think small claims court will be sympathetic.

BTW, I tried to get a refund, and Slingbox says they can't find my order. Wow.

AVOID this company.

• Re: Atlas 1056B01
          AlRichey Novice

I live in Southern California where the digital provider is Time Warner. They supply a Motorola DCX 3400 box which is controlled by an Atlas 1056B01 remote control. Thousands of people have these.

Slingbox does not have this remote configured. There is no support for this anywhere on Slingbox' site, including any forum. The external remote support forums do not have the bin codes for Mac. The "remote training" app does not work. The support line says they cannot support.

The Atlas Remote is irrelevant, all you need is support for the Motorola DCX3400.  And there are no specific BIN files for the MAC, they are the same for MAC & PC.

Most Motorola boxes use the same set of codes, so you should be able to control your box using one of those.  if not, this BIN file should do it for you.  Let me know how you get on.

Al