13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2011 6:22 AM by hawkinsmp RSS

Accessing Slingplayer via 3G on Droid

liljbakes

I just set up my SlingBox Solo with SlingLink and am able to watch my TV on my computer and my Droid mobile device using Wi-Fi. I can not get my Droid mobile device to connect to SlingBox using the providers 3G network. It would be more beneficial to access my SlingBox on SlingPlayer via 3G than Wi-Fi because sometimes it can be difficult to find a wireless network that is not locked when you're out and about. Please help!! Thank you!

• Re: Accessing Slingplayer via 3G on Droid
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

When you connect with your Droid using WIFI, is that at home or away from home?  Can you connect properly using your laptop away from home?

hraybrown

I have a sling player solo hooked up to my Vip622 dish receiver via sling ling.  took me 2 months to finally get it working.  It now works on the disktop connected to router and via my lap top using my wireless network in the house.  I use sling player mobile and works on both boxes.  I am now trying to get my droid 2 to work.  when I start sling player for android on my Droid two, its says connecting and finds my slingbox, but a message pops up saying incorrect password.  Dont where to go for help after reading several other posts. It appears a lot of other people are having the same problem.  I would think that this product would have better support fi they are going to sell and advertise it thru dish network> Help  Help.  Ray

randallallman

was you able to get your sling working with just the 3g netowrk i have the same problem works great if i am connected to wifi but if i dont have a wifi connection and try to use the sling off my 3g network is saysconnection failed please make sure your phone and slingbox are connected to the internet.... please help  email at randallallman@gmail.com

robertwyhs

I am having the same problem except I used to be able to connect through 3g on my Droid and now I cannot.  I contacted slingmedia support and they even opened my account on an android slingplayer using 3g, no problem.  I also have no trouble using my slingplayer with wifi and even with a mifi card that uses a 3g signal to create a wifi signal.  If a=b=c then why doesn't a=c? 

randallallman

ok hope this helps i set up my sling box it works on my computer n labtopbut i bought the sling box app for my droid x and it would only work when i had it on wifi 3g did not work until i went backonto slingb oxand signedand went back throught the sling box get set up steps i think there is 7 of them and on the 6th set up step its internet viewingdo and auto search on that step and i went on and finished the set up steps and my droid x slingbox mobile works fine on 3g anywhere hope this helps

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

If people could follow instructions, 90 percent of these problems would go away.

hawkinsmp

there were instuctions get out of here.......:) had my sb for about a year or maybe more don't remember. Best deal since peanut butter, works on my desk top(am a truck driver and i go everywhere,used to have a desk top in the truck) and now that i have a lap top kinda went down grade a little,it works on that via wifi2200, and now i have it on my droidx and belive it or not it works BETTER than the lap top going down the road or stopped. But never read any instructions. That is why i am on this forum is to find the manual for the android. Anybody know where they are?????