2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2011 10:04 AM by mikeweezer RSS

Pro vs. Pro-HD in video quality

mikeweezer

Hello,

I'm considering upgrading to the Pro-HD.  My current Pro is slinging HD via the component dongle.  Frankly, the SD feed through coax looks better when pulling it up cross country.  I'll be slinging content from Cincinnati to Chicago - will I see a better picture with the new Pro-HD?  What is the difference?  I heard somewhere that the new one uses h.264 vs. .wmv for the old one???

Thanks,

Mike

• Re: Pro vs. Pro-HD in video quality
          Apprentice

Hi mikeweezer, why don't you take a look the PRO HD feature table here so you can see all of the features that the SB PRO HD can offer, there are several improvements since the Slingbox PRO model.

• Re: Pro vs. Pro-HD in video quality
              mikeweezer

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for replying, but that doesn't answer my question.  The chart you point at compares a Pro-HD to a Solo.  I want to see what I get with a Pro-HD over a Pro.  As far as upgrades go, I see they added an over the air tuner, which doesn't really effect me.  Apart from that, my Pro does all the same stuff (I already have the HD dongle, which I never use anyway since it looks worse when streaming to a remote site over standard def). 

My root question is: if I am streaming at 1Mbps Up from my source, will I see any improvement in quality between a Pro vs. a Pro-HD?  I looked around and the general response I've seen is no.  Just didn't know if the Pro-HD is using an improved Codec over the Pro.

Thanks,

Mike