20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2011 6:01 PM by Sdaiza RSS

No sound when viewing online

RickInPa

So, I just got a new Pro-HD slingbox. I set it all up, set up my account and checked all my connections. Everything works great except I have no sound. When I'm watching on my tv at home, I have sound and everything is fine. When I log in on the computer, I have a picture and everything is fine, there's just no sound. Am I doing something wrong? How can I fix this? Thanks for your help!

• Re: No sound when viewing online
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Did you plug in your R/L audio cables from your cable or satellite box to your Slingbox?

hholliday

I'm having the same problem and mine are cnnected.

astein2

Same problem...no volume

Quincy16

go into audio options on the cable box

menu>>home>>setup>>audio setup>>optimal stereo>>select to optimize

This will fix the problem when sourcing out to component video and stereo audio via RCA

hope this helps, if you have any other questions, call the geeksquad

Andrew

GeekSquad - Los Angeles

RickInPa

I appreciate the help. but I just tried this and it didn't work. Also, just did an update and I still have no sound.

Apprentice

Hi RickInPa,

If you have no sound probably the issue is with the connections on the back of the Slingbox, I read this that you posted on Jan 1st

If I go into the "Which input do you want to configure" tab, it auto  defaults to Component and has my Motorola Cable Box in parenthesis in  blue behind it. It shows video but there's no sound. If I click on  Composite, I then get sound, but no video. Any ideas?

The reason why you get audio only when you select composite but not with component is because the red and white cables for audio are not connected in the right place. You have these cables connected on the back of the Slingbox to the first two inputs (L-audio-R). You need to disconnect those cables and connect them between the S-video and the SPDIF input,

PROHDback.JPG

If the issue persists, have a look at this,

Sling Media Support - Slingbox audio issues: Basic troubleshooting

Let us know how it works

Regards

RickInPa

HA! Well, this DID work! I now have sound on my Sling Player when I view online. BUT (!), now there's no sound coming out of my tv! Umm, so now what? It sure would be great if I could have sound on both

RickInPa

Wait! Nevermind, I just realized there were two sets of cables for the audio. I switched the second set and then I had sound on the tv and computer! Thanks alot for your help!!!!

edhayduk

Rick,  I am happy that your problem was solved but I am having the same problem and this did not solve my problem... I was following hoping it did work.  I have sound at home on internet but I am now in Asia and there is no sound.  I am very unhappy I am not able to use it while making my 3 week trip.  I did all the same things you did to check.  Maybe someone following you will be able to continue to help me through your communication chain.  Ed in PA.

LakeHam100

This is a very frustrating issue.  I have the Motorola TDC -775D cablebox through Suddenlink.  I have the same "good video/ no sound" issue .  After an hour with Slingbox tech support the tech said my Slingbox was defective and to exchange it.  I did that, and yes it is hooked up with the 5 cables connected to the correct inputs and outputs, still video is fine but no audio.  I want to hear back from a Slingbox technical expert on this.  I need to know if I need to go get my money back or is there a way to really make this work.............. 

Sdaiza

Just hooked everything up.  At first I had audio with no video on my PC.  Hooked up the Svideo cord and got the video, but then the Audio disappeared!  So I know my audio cables are fine (since I had it), but wonder what happened when I connected the video.  So now all I have is video.   So close!!!

Sdaiza

The no sound problem was resolved after a call to tech support and switching around some cables.  However, that was not the end of the set-up issues!  Two more calls to tech support walked me through more cable switches and now everything finally works!  It was very frustrating!  I have a WOW/Scientific HD DVR and it was not compatible with the HDMI cable which I had originally hooked it up with.  I was told it messes up the signal and I was not getting any Slingbox action when my TV was OFF....only when it was ON, which of course defeats the purpose.  SO...I was instructed to replace the HDMI cable with more red/blue/green cables insteaad (luckily I had an extra set).  Then I had to move around the yellow/red/white ones some more.  Also my remote didn't work on Slingbox, and it turned out to be that it had unplugged itself with all the moving around of the box!  Good luck to everyone!!