3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 7, 2011 8:01 PM by nuspieds RSS

How to show DirecTV list of recorded shows

abillef

Hi,

I know that this is simple question but I cannot find the button on the Slingbox app on my iPhone to show the list of recorded shows on my DirecTV DVR. Any help would be great.

Thanks much!

• Re: How to show DirecTV list of recorded shows
          nuspieds Newbie

Ahh, I know how you feel.

I used to have a Windows Mobile phone with a slide-out keyboard so I was accustomed to just pressing the "T" to show the list of recorded shows.  Then I got an iPhone and not only is there no physical keyboard, but you can't call up the soft keyboard on-demand, either.

Anyway, the answer is easier than you think...just press the Menu button and the first entry is "My Playlist."  Select that and you'll see your list of recorded shows.

abillef

Thanks nuspieds. That did the trick. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. It was easy once I knew where to look.

Regarding your switch from a Windows phone to an iPhone, congrats to you! I absolutely love my iPhone and the Slingbox app is great. Perhaps the slingmedia guys could add a button to the app to show the playlist directly. It would be a nice add-on.

Thanks again for your response and happy Holidays!

nuspieds Newbie

You're welcome...and happy 2011!

Yes, I love my iPhone and I am certainly not looking back.  Good riddance, Windows Mobile!

Mind you, as I said before, that physical keyboard had its advantages and besides the "list" button missing in the SlingPlayer iPhone app, I am not able to scroll down/up a page at a time.  Does the Page/Channgel Up/Down work for you with the D-Pad controls?

For me, I can only go line up/down and select.  Nothing happens when I touch the Page/Channel Up/Down buttons and that's very frustrating!