12 Replies Latest reply: Jan 1, 2011 4:05 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Strong SRT 5428 remote control

Lachlan

Hi All (and in particular Alan Richey)

I am wondering if you are abe to help me?  I have a Slingbox Classic, and have just bought a Strong SRT 5428 DVB-T STB (http://www.strong.com.au/SRT%205428.htm).  However, the Slingbox Classic set-up doesn't have that option.  A check on the logitech harmony website (thanks to the tip from an Eferz post), reveals support for it.   Can you help to build the correct remote for it?

Many thanks.

Regards

Lachlan

• Re: Strong SRT 5428 remote control
          alanrichey42 Master

How about this one ?

Al

Lachlan

Hi Al

Nearly there :-)

All the standard zapping functions seem to work.  However, none of the PVR keys (ie. record, play, etc) and the "DVR" key [which pulls up the DVR recording list] works.  Can you help add please?

n.b. you can add an external hard disk to make the STB into a single tuner PVR.

Thanks.

Regards

Lachlan

alanrichey42 Master

I put them all in, are the buttons disabled or are they enabled but pressing them has no effect ?   Didn't see a DVR command on the Harmony list though, unless it is Favourites (Custom 10) ?

Lachlan

All the buttons (except DVR key) are present on the onscreen remote control, and pressing on them has no effect - though I do see the slingbox trying to control the STB.  Interestingly, the play, pause, rewind and fast forward buttons work when I go into the PVR asset menu to view what has been recorded.

I have double checked using the real remote, and I can press record key to record.

Custom 10 brings up the audio track selection option, whilst custom 11 brings up the "movie" option, which is an option to look at assets that you have downloaded (as opposed to recorded) onto the hard disk.

alanrichey42 Master

All the buttons (except DVR key) are present on the onscreen remote control, and pressing on them has no effect - though I do see the slingbox trying to control the STB.  Interestingly, the play, pause, rewind and fast forward buttons work when I go into the PVR asset menu to view what has been recorded.

OK, now I am confused.  if they are working in the PVR menu then I have put in the correct codes.   But you are saying that they do not work in another mode ?   That does not make sense, pressing a button on any remote, even the real one, can only send a single code.  The remote has no way of knowing what mode you are in.    So just to make clear:

in one mode (you don't specify it), the real remote buttons work, but the virtual remotes don't ?

and in this PVR menu both the real and the virtual remote buttons work ?

Doesn't make sense, have I misunderstood what you are saying ?

Lachlan

Sorry for the confusion.  I should have done a bit more testing with the real remote .... so now:

1.     The record button on the virtual remote does not work, ie. if I am watching TV, I can't hit record and it starts

2.      The features list of the STB doesn't seem to match what the product can actually do!  I was under the impression the features would work without testing (apologies for this) - as other PVR/PVR ready STBs I have used can do it.  I can't actually pause, unpause (or play) or rewind live TV using the real remote control.  Hence, I think you can ignore some of my previous comments.

3.     The missing DVR key is what seems to have caused the additional confusion, as it seems pressing the DVR key skips a few menus, and let's me use the trick mode keys.  Hence, I can work around this doing it the "long" way.

So to sum it up .... the missing keys are record and DVR (I know this last one might be difficult).  The rest works.