4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2011 9:25 AM by reznicki Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slow connection to my slingbox

tjokl

I've been running a slingbox solo for about a year now.  I have had decent connection speeds of about 1 Mbs.  Not great, but it got things done.  About a week ago, my connection speed for Slingbox only dropped to below 60 Kbs.  I don't get anything anymore.  I've run tests at both the Slingbox location and where I generally watch on my computer.  Download speeds are consistenly above 4 MBs and Upload Speeds at slingbox location are consistently above 1.75 Mbs.

What gives?  Is my ISP shaping their data usage?  Is Slingbox doing something here?  I'm just about done with this product.  Ideas?

• Re: Slow connection to my slingbox
          reznicki

I'm having the same problem. Been working fine for a year, no problems, and now my speeds have dropped dramatically to where I'm only connected for a few minutes if not seconds before I get the"can't connect, low signal".

All just before the new firmware came out. Uploaded that and now it's worse.

What gives?

ACC614774

Same problem  keeps dropping. will run 2 to 3 min  or 5 to 10 sec.  also will not stay working using the internet viewer and same droping when trying to use the blackberry.  Had no proble before loading the new code on the box.

BrandonC Novice

reznicki wrote:

I'm having the same problem. Been working fine for a year, no problems, and now my speeds have dropped dramatically to where I'm only connected for a few minutes if not seconds before I get the"can't connect, low signal".

All just before the new firmware came out. Uploaded that and now it's worse.

What gives?

The call that freezing or speed crashing. You can Google "slingbox solo freezing" and see how some have fixed it.

reznicki

I just got off the phone with Slingbox paid support. Very nice, polite, very professional. When we figured out it was a firmware issue and are shipping me a free replacement box. After trying on my own for two days, calling service straighten it out in minutes.

I'm impressed with their service. Can't wait to get it working again.

As an aside, the highlight of using it was when it worked was watching Yankee games while traveling in Croatia this past summer. So I'm thrilled that the service experiance turned out so well.