3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2010 2:14 PM by peterso RSS

Manually Adjust a Channel

peterso

Hello, I'm new to Slingbox.  I did the online setup on my Pro-HD and my Slingbox was able to detect a lot of channels, even the one I didn't know I have.  I'm using coax with my cable company as antenna (no box).

Two questions. First, my Slingbox detected channels up to 999.  It appears that I can't access any channels over 100, is that common?  Using my EyeTV Hybrid USB with the same physical cable, I was able to watch channels in the 700s.  The 700s are my local HD channels such as ABC, CBS, etc.

Second question, for some unknown reason, the setup could not detect channel 7 and 11.  It gave me some Spanish stations, is there a way to manually adjust the channel frequency?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Manually Adjust a Channel
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

You should be able to receive any channel coming from your cable company that is not encrypted.  I have Charter cable and can only receive basic cable 2 to 99 without a cable box.  The channel numbers are not the same as with your cable box, so you'll have to search all the channels or find a listing somewhere.

peterso

Thanks for the reply, I have Charter as well.  For some reason, my EyeTv can scan, pickup and watch the 700 series channels such as ABC HD, NBC HD, etc. but not with my new Slingbox.

Is your channel 7 and 11 working for you?  My channel 7 is some Spanish station.  11 is 28.  I hate going back and compare two products but with my EyeTV, I can change the channel setting so I can manually adjust the channel frequency.  Can I do that with Slingobx?

jimfitzgerald Apprentice

I'm in the Atlanta, GA area, so unless you live there, my Charter lineup would be totally different from yours.  I have two flatscreen tvs connected to two Charter HD cable boxes.  My Slingbox Solo is connected to one of the cable boxes.  However, I have a third flat screen in the kitchen connected directly to the cable outlet.  That's the tv that will only receive 2 through 99.  I suppose Charter scrambles everything else.  I suggest you spring for a Cable box or move your Slingbox to a tv that has a cable box.  You can connect your internal tuner to the wall outlet and also connect your Slingbox to your cable box using component cables.  That will give you the best of both worlds.

Edit:  I was able to get Charter to give me two boxes for free, and HD is only $5 per month.