4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2011 7:59 AM by ranaleon Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Slingbox pro & iPad

rpl16a

Like a fool, I didn't see the message saying that the ipad player WON'T work with the Slingbox PRO & I purchased it.

Will there ever be a working version for the Slingbox PRO, or have I just waisted £18.

• Re: Slingbox pro & iPad
          rijbaan

I am afraid i have the same issue: bought the slinplayer for i-pad and now cannot connect to my slingbox pro. Am getting the message that I have to update the software of my slingbox, but when you go there at slingbox set-up, it states that the software is up to date. seems indeed that we wasted 18 quid. One would think that Slingbox should come up with a fix!

Raiello

Glad I'm not the only one that feels like that.  I have two sling box pros, got an iPad for Xmas and now cannot use.  I got a message that said to go to sling media to find out about their upgrade program but cannot find anything.

ACC298242

I am in the same boat with you guys. I hope there are enough of us that causes the decision makers to remove that single line of code blocking ours.I guess we can expect that in future release of the PC Silngplayer as well, requiring us to buy new hardware if we want to watch the equipment we already paid for.

The arguement that the IPAD has such a high resolution that we must have new hardware is absurd. I guess I cannot use my new Dell laptop either, because it has 1080 Full HD resolution. But it works fine.

I have been recommending the Sling solution to everyone I talked to about media streaming.

Not any more.

Apprentice

Hi, rpl16a and all

The Slingbox SOLO and Slingbox PRO-HD are the only devices that can stream at the iPad’s higher resolution. The earlier Slingbox models don't have the streaming horsepower needed, unfortunately. Apologies to all who didn't understand, but these specifications are stated clearly on the product page:

iPad

Fortunately, we do have an upgrade path in place for users who wish to trade in their hardware for a discount against a PRO-HD or SOLO:

Slingbox Upgrade Program (US)

Check that out if you want to upgrade your older Slingbox!