3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2011 7:30 PM by DWhite RSS

advice needed for Solo config using two routers

crazy1 Newbie

I have been reading through here and I am having the issue a lot of other people are having with streaming being stopped after just a few minutes. One suggestion is to restart or do a hard reset. I did add a new router and did not know I needed to do that. However, I am using two routers, one upstairs and one downstairs. There are not enough ethernet ports to run all my stuff that needs to be hardwired on only one router. I have not found any instructions or other people on here who have a setup like this. Before I go through all the hard reset procedure, I would like to know if anyone has experience with this and ask for advice and instructions because I think there is no option in the Slingbox settings for two routers. Does anyone out there know how to handle this?

Thanks

• Re: advice needed for Solo config using two routers
          Apprentice

Hi Crazy1,

If you have troubles setting up the Slingbox with two routers, I recommend you to take a look at this link;

Help setting up Internet Viewing when you have multiple routers

Let us know how it works

DWhite

I'm having a similar issue.  I have 2 routers in my home.  The primary is networked to the Slingbox and works perfectly.  My secondary router will not allow for connection to Sling.  I've tried a number of different setup adjustments....none of which have worked (opening ports, etc).  I've also read thru / followed the instructions in the attached link from Sling, but still can't seem to get it to work.  To be specific, my primary router is a 2wire, and the secondary is a Netgear router.   Can anyone assist.  Thanks

BellSystem Newbie

If it were me I'd just use a SWITCH instead of using a second ROUTER. I know using a second router can work if configured just right but if all you need is extra LAN ports where your primary router is or you have an ethernet going to another place in your house where you then need extra capacity just put the switch there and yer done. I have both senarios at my house and it works flawlessly. In fact I even bought a seperate wireless access point to centrally locate instead of using built in wifi from router which is in corner of basement. Hope this helps!