5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 28, 2011 1:09 AM by Lord_Hutton RSS

Windows 7 64 bit - is it supported?

Lord_Hutton

My new laptop is running Windows 7& IE8 - whne I try to download the desktop Player software, I get a message telling me it is not supported. However all the information on the Slingbox site tells me it is!!! So any idea how to get around this?? AsI am now out of my 90 day grace period how on earth do you contact technical support? There's no contact route even if I wish to buy additional support time.

• Re: Windows 7 64 bit - is it supported?
          dennisl59 Newbie

i'm running windows 7 64bit home premium

Lord_Hutton

I eventually found the correct download- no thanks to the links on Slingbox website   to beleading you up the garden path- so all is OK now.

topherman

I'm having a similar problem. I downloaded the latest SlingPlayer to my Windows 7 Starter Netbook and can NOT remote view outside my home network. It connects to my slingbox, as I can check the slingbox connection ID, etc.. when it auto connects via log in, but it says there is 'Error" viewing when trynig to turn it on or using any of the functions and "try again later".

I thought it was my Internet Sercurity so I disabled it but still no viewing. Then I thought it was my Windows Starter version so I used my sisters newer laptop which has Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and the same message appears only when not on home network connection. Since I can use it view / use my slingbox normally with the Win7 Stater or 64-bit at home and can remote view on other Windows versions (ie.. WinXP SP 3) and even my Palm OS device, Im assuming it must be something else, but can't find the issue. Please help....

ispe28

My dear Lord, would you please share the path you found with common men...