7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2011 7:18 PM by BrandonC RSS

Can You control different Code Sets

ctopherwash

DirecTV has 8 different codesets (HR21's), I have a unique commercial app where I am trying to control all 8 codesets. Is there anyway to teach or download these separate code sets into Slingbox? Seems Slingbox has codeset #1 in their database.

• Re: Can You control different Code Sets
          alanrichey42 Master

I can produce the 8 Custom Remotes for you, but you could only download and use one at a time.

ctopherwash

Alan, I amback in Seattle and would love to get those codesets ASAP, what do I need to to from my end to get those 8 custom DirecTV remotes?

Thanks, Chris  (ctpherwash@gmail.com)

alanrichey42 Master

Nothing

Here they are:

ctopherwash

Now that I have downloaded them how do I get them into the Slingbox? Near as I can tell the IR files live out on the internet, can'tseem to find them in my PC program files. I would imagine I need to populate your codesets into the list of available receivers for DirecTV satellite boxes. How do I do that?

alanrichey42 Master

I guess you could start by reading the instructions I put in the README file

ctopherwash

I tried that but get "access denied" when I try and open it. Could you send the read me file in PDF? (ctopherwash@gmail.com) Thanks.

BrandonC Novice

ctopherwash wrote:

I tried that but get "access denied" when I try and open it. Could you send the read me file in PDF? (ctopherwash@gmail.com) Thanks.

ReadMe

======

IMPORTANT:  If you have any problems PLEASE read ALL of this file before you post a question on the forums.

This ZIP file contains 8 sets of 2 BIN files in different folders, covering all 8 Addresses. 

(These instructions assume you have installed the standalone Slingplayer on your PC/MAC, as you cannot install Custom Remotes from the Web-based player.  If you do not have the program see http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us or http://support.slingbox.com/go/dl-mac-desktop)

PC Version:
                                  -----------
                                  Put the two BIN files (PL & RV) for the Remote Address you want to use into your C:\Program Files\Sling Media\Slingplayer\SBAV\ folder.

Mac version:
                                  ------------
                                  Put the two files BIN files (PL & RV) for the Remote Address you want to use  into your /Applications/SlingPlayer/Contents/Slingbox Setup Assistant/Contents/Resources/SBAV/ (Note that The Contents dirs won't show up unless you do a "Right-Click -> Show Package Contents" when navigating into an app's "Contents" directory.)

Now go into Slingplayer and run Setup Assistant and 'Configure Video Sources'.  Work through the screens Making sure you select 'Satellite Receiver' as the device type (regardless of the type of your device).

This time use 'DirecTV' as the Manufacturer and 'Other' as the Model and in the next screen scroll to the bottom of the Code numbers, select 'Custom' and then type S1377 (NOT s1377, the code is case-sensitive) in the newly appeared Custom Code window (or use the Alternative Code window in the MAC).  Then complete the setup as normal.

If you have problems please do NOT just report back it 'doesn't work', that is totally useless for someone trying to understand what is going on.  So please report the following:

1.   Was there any error message after you typed in the Code and tapped the Power button ?

2.   Did you give the Power command plenty of time to react ?  (I have a DVR that takes about 6-8 seconds to power up/down)

3.   After completing the setup (regardless of whether the Power button worked) do any of the other buttons work ?

4.   Have you used a Digital Camera to confirm the IR Blaster is actually firing when you tap the Power button ?  (Watch the tip of the IR Blaster thorugh the viewfinder while you tap a button.  You should see a white (not red) flash)

5.   Have you experimented with the placement of the IR Blaster ?  On some devices this is critical so don't give up too quickly.

6.   If nothing works check out http://betaremotes.slingbox.com where you might be able to build your own remote.