2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2011 12:15 PM by Fofo RSS

remote is working the wrong receiver

sheldo

I have a bell express vu 9200 mode,which is 2 receivers in one, where the receiver sits it is set as a HD PVR and then coax runs and connects to other tv upsatirs and acts as a PVR and tv. When i set this up i have a pic of the second TV, which is what i want but the remote is controling the tv downstairs and hence does nothing for my viewing on my PC. Also the remote is the old version. If anyone has any answer please let me know.

Thanks

• Re: remote is working the wrong receiver
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

I just looked up that receiver to see what it is.  It is two tuners built into one box.  One tuner is controlled with an IR remote and the other is controlled with a UHF remote.  You currently have the Slingbox IR blaster setup to control the IR remote of your receiver that is feeding the wrong tv.  The obvious solution would be to switch which tuner feeds which tv.  If you can't do that, you're going to have to find a way to drive the UHF remote with your Slingbox IR blaster.  I don't know if there is a device of some sort to do this or not.  Otherwise, maybe you need to get completely separate receiver boxes.

I just looked and there are some IR to UHF converters out there.

• Re: remote is working the wrong receiver
            Apprentice

Hi Sheldo,

Just checking, we would like to know if the information provided here was helpful or if the issue persisted. Let us know about your results.

Regards