2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2011 10:06 AM by Josebrenes RSS

I can only see a basic remote?

tli103

When I'm watching my sligbox I can only us a basic remote. I can't see the cable remote and use all the features that come with my cable service. I can't rewind programs or record anything because the basic remote that shows on my slingbox screen is basic. Maybe I don't have something hooked up in the correct order. I have my slingbox hook up to the cable from the wall and the slingbox to the cable box to the tv. Thanks for your help.

TI

• Re: I can only see a basic remote?
          jimfitzgerald Apprentice

Which Slingbox do you have?  You should have coax from the wall to your cable box.  Then, HDMI or component cables and R/L audio cables from your cable box to tv.  Run component and R/L audio cables from your cable box to your Slingbox.  Then, plug the IR cable into the Slingbox and position the sender unit in front of your cable box IR receiver light.  Now, if you have a Pro-HD, you can also run coax from the wall (using a spitter) directly to your Slingbox for watching a different channel than what's being watched on the TV.

• Re: I can only see a basic remote?
            Novice

Hi tli103,

You need also, to make sure that the A/V device that you're using is compatible with the Slingbox.

Audio and Video devices list.