2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2012 9:53 AM by andycowles75 RSS

Pause then continues while watching

tjbinno Newbie

This has started happening in the last couple of weeks.  Not a major problem but an annoyance while watching.

When watching with Slingplayer 2 on XP, I get a connection on first try (yeah! for having this fixed now for quite a while) and viewing TV starts.  After a while (no set time frame - maybe 10 minutes or sometimes even after a few hours) my audio and video will pause (stall? freeze? stop?) for anywhere from a few seconds to sometimes 1 or 2 minutes.  There are no bars on my optimizing bar list on lower screen (don't know what that is called).  Eventually video and audio will start up again.  Most of the time it will do it automatically but in frustration of losing too muuch content I'll disconnect and re-connect via menu pulldown which will contine and continue normally.  Yes, I have checked and my internet connection is fine and totally usable at that time the Slingplayer is stalled.

--Terry

• Re: Pause then continues while watching
          Novice

Hi tjbinno,

For a case like this, you can follow this link:

Troubleshooting Slingbox streaming and network issues

• Re: Pause then continues while watching
            andycowles75

I have been streaming a Slingbox Pro HD from Seattle to Amsterdam on a regular basis for 11 months now. I have had many problems with the picture and sound freezing. It would freeze for about 8-10 seconds, every 10 minuets (or every 10 seconds some days), then start streaming again. It would stream at about 1500 kbps and work fine, then crash down to 0 and freeze. I have tried to resolve this with Sling support, the Seattle end, and Amsterdam, but nothing has worked. Until now. I started using Firefox (only for the Slingbox) instead of Internet Explorer about a week ago, and have not had one freeze up since. It now runs consistently at about 2800 kbps. I don’t know why this worked, and frankly I don’t care. All I know is that my Slingbox has been working flawlessly streaming from Seattle to Amsterdam for a week now, with no issues. I hope this helps somebody, because I know how happy it made me when I realized it was fixed.