1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 25, 2011 4:18 PM by ranaleon RSS

Can I use a sling in Abu Dhabi?

bev1234

I'm technologically challenged and it took me half an hour to figure out how to ask this question.  Should I just give up on using a sling box now?  My question is, "Can I use a sling box in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates?"  Will I need to download anything because some sites like Pandora, Skype etc are blocked here.  My daughter in Ca and can buy what is needed for that end.  Do I need ANYTHING at all on this end to watch TV?  Does my computer have to be beside the TV to watch?  We have a 6 year old laptop and a 1 yr old desktop--will one of them work?  How long does it take to get everything and set it up?  My husband would dearly like to watch Bowl Games in a couple weeks.  Thank you for any help--I can use it all.

• Re: Can I use a sling in Abu Dhabi?
          Apprentice

Hi, bev1234

The Slingbox is a device that will allow you to stream the TV signal out to the Internet. It must be located at home and you should hook it up to your set top box and home router.

The following link will allow you to get all the information about the Internet Viewing feature and settings to adjust.

Internet Viewing

We also recommend you to check the following link in order to know if your computer meets the requirements.

Technical Specifications