0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2017 3:08 PM by axxxtw RSS

Please Help SLINGBOX STAFF!!!  Answer your phones!

axxxtw
    Visibility: Open to anyone

What a deal.  I rely on my slingbox(s) for use whilst traveling; particularly outside of the USA.  I don't check it at all while sitting at home.  However, I always do a check just prior to traveling.

I use the Pro HD or the Solo.  Both worked perfectly in Nov. 2016 when I had my last assignment "...keeping the world safe for democracy....." (or so I'm told...).  Getting ready to head out to another dung heap of a "nation" and began fiddling around to make certain I was good to go.  PROBLEMS.

The Slingplayer for Desktop, while listing all the slingboxes I have (always have back up electronics) shows my "stuff" but claims it can't find it.  I click "connect" and something launches and it proclaims it is the Slingplayer for Desktop.  I don't think so....; I view programming either using the Slingplayer or viewing via slingbox.com web site; have the plug in; have browser EDGE and Chrome; yada, yada, yada.  I found for whatever reason I obtained a superior picture via the Slingplayer sometimes and other times via the web site in the past.  Ain't that way now.

Ok.....so I uninstall the most current release of Slingplayer and install the old timey player.  Works perfectly, but it sure ain't HD AND CANNOT STREAM VIA Slingbox.com no more!!  That ain't right.  Uninstall the old timey player; reinstall the most current version and I'm watching.  Now, when I watch via the web site, the player ID in the about section states it's the Slingplayer for Desktop!!  Not the Slingplayer for Web.  Oh my goodness.

Now, being the backup kinda guy I am, I also use a sling adaptor with a DISH receiver and separate ISP for yet another option.  It works, although I really don't like the format that DISH uses on their dishanywhere site.

It's one giant cluster truck and most annoying.  The most annoying aspect of it all is that when I launch Slingplayer Desktop, it wants me to re-configure the slingbox....right.....when I'm 8k miles from "home".  What in blue blazes is going on???

PS:  This what it say when I am viewing via slingbox.com:

Slingplayer Desktop Version

Web App Version

Player Plugin Version

Desktop version?  Say what?!!  I ain't using the desktop version of slingplayer!!  I using the web app.  As I think about it, maybe thems is just generic version numbers.  Again....it's a cluster truck and makes a guy wanna call in arty.....

Oh yeah....when the stream does begin the notation in the upper left hand corner of the slingplayer is SLINGPLAYER FOR WEB.

I've tried calling the SlingMedia phones and all I get is voicemail.  It's ridiculous.  Incredible.  Thank goodness I have the DISH back up and now I am being compelled to look at buying the M1......there is a Groupon special for $49.99; free shipping but it expires in a couple of hours.  I wanted to speak with someone at Sling to see if the desktop player will play separately from the web based player.

OFF