9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2011 8:13 AM by Jamie74 RSS

SlingPlayer for iPhone update

ACC294949

I just used my Slingplayer on my iPhone today and am receiving the following message:

Minimum firmware 2.1.64 is required. Please go to http://downloads.slingmedia.com and download the latest SlingPlayer desktop software to update your firmware.

Not sure how downloading the desktop version will help upgrade my iPhone, so I am guessing this is wrong. I just want this message to go away. Any thoughts?

• Re: SlingPlayer for iPhone update
          Apprentice

Hi, ACC294949

This message pops-up when there is an update for the Slingbox software. We recommend you to apply the update at the Slingbox location. The following link will provide you with instructions to follow.

How do I update the Slingbox Software (firmware) on my Slingbox?

We recommend you to follow these steps, apply the firmware update and let us know how it works for you.

1johnstonj

I updated my slingbox software to the latest update but still receive the same message regarding installing 2.1.64. How do I get this message to go away on my iphone 4 when I access the slingbox icon?

ACC294949

Thanks for the info. Oddly enough, I tried connecting to my Slingbox  before and never received an update request. I just tried it again (on a Windows 7 box) and it is now asking me to upgrade my Slingbox.

Thanks again.

rsnider100

After installing the update on both my iphone & ipad I am not able to connect with my slingbox.  On my iphone I get a message that Minimum firmware 2.1.6.4 is required.  On my ipad I get amessage that Local Sling Box not detected.  I can access my Slingbox via my laptop.  I have version 2.0.4.521.  When I check for updates via Help on my laptop is says that I have the latest version.

The instructions for updating firmware indicate that if the firmware is out of date a button will appear that says Check for updates.  No such button appears when i follow those instructions

Everything worked fine on my iphone and ipad untiol these latest updates.  How can I get slingobx working on these mobile devices?

nimenims

i'm having the same issue. i'm on a older non intel based mac and am having to use SlingPlayer-1.0.10.

please advise.

1johnstonj

I can only tell you that after repeated attempts the firmware revision finally took. It was very frustrating and the fact that Slingbox does not have a customer service tech available makes the whole process undesirable. If people that were buying the Slingbox realized the lack of customer support, the player would sell alot less units then they do now.

nuspieds Newbie

It was very frustrating and the fact that Slingbox does not have a customer service tech available makes the whole process undesirable. If people that were buying the Slingbox realized the lack of customer support, the player would sell alot less units then they do now.

I completely agree.

Customer Service for them are these User forums.  Remember the whole debacle of their hardware change or whatever they did and there was connectivity issues?  There was no one to call or even email for direct support.  For the longest time, I thought it was me and my internet connectivity.

Then, I had to keep following a long thread to see what was happening.  They didn't even have their own locked-down thread where they would post status updates.  You would have to comb through all sorts of messages to see what you could try to hopefullly fix your situation.

Pathetic.

Even small-time shareware programmers have better support via email.

Hanover29

I am trying to log into Slingplayer on iphone 4 - has worked fine till now but optimises to 32% and then falls over. Help.