It'll either say "no exact match found please try a generic search" ive inputed any possible names and model #s but no luck. But yet it says on the previous page that we've detected video on the composite input of your slingbox. Then i have gone to choose your video source and have hit every key from cable box to miscellaneous, then go to manufacturer underneath and nothing highlights.
Sorry, that makes no sense. Remember, I am not psychic and I am trying to reproduce what you are doing on my system. So I need EXACT details, not vague statements.
Here is what I would do to set up a Directv box .
1. Start WebSlingPlayer (although my preference is to use the Standalone Slingplayer)
2. Select 'Slingbox Setup'
3. Select the Slingbox
4. Select Configure Inputs
5. Select the appropriate Input
6. Select the 'Select from a list of supported devices'
7. Device Type to 'Satellite'
8. Manufacturer to 'Directv'
9. Select the appropriate model (You haven't told us which one you use, but actually all Directvs use the same code so you can probably install anything)
The system then installs the appropriate codes to your Slingbox and downloads the Remote 'skin' that will be used.
So, where is it EXACTLY going wrong for you ?
inyour steps I go as far as step 7 thst you have, device type to satelite. once I click " satelite" I go to manufacturer directv does not pop up, nothing does. i have tried a few times going through with satelite and have tried cable also but manufacturer just shows a blank drop on it. no names nothing.