5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2010 10:39 AM by AlRichey RSS

Audio conflict between my cable box and DVD-blue ray player

ACC1502443 Newbie

Does anyone know how to select the audio on MOBIL ANDROID. I have a  the slingbox SOLO and as  you know it only has one audio input?. I have splitter cables to accomodate the audio from the cable box and the audio from my Samsung DVD-blue ray player.  I get both audio signal on my Android and I have not clue how to choose either one. On my PC is not a problem I can isolate the audio that I want but on the android I don't see anything on the menu to make this happens. If anyone has encounter the same issue, please I am all ears!

Thanks

• Re: Audio conflict between my cable box and DVD-blue ray player
          AlRichey Novice

My initial answer is that you can't, you just have to make sure the 'other' box is turned off.   But you say you can do it on the PC ?  I would love to know how as I have a similar setup and I didn't think it was possible.

How do you do it ?

ACC1502443 Newbie

Well, I boougth two Male to Female Splitters type "Y", to be connected on each of the audio inputs ( white and red). Having these splitters on place I have two red ones and two white ones audio inputs. So one set (red and white) is connected to the Cable Box and the Other set is connected to the Samsung Blue-ray Player. I need to explain that for the Blue-ray player I bought another audio adapter (red and white) RCA piggy end style.So I can connected the Blue Ray player to my TV and SlingBox at the same time.Now to get and choose the audio from either one I did the following. On my PC and Running the SlingBox Player ( once connected to my slingbox) I Go to SETTINGS --->PLAYER -->AUDIO SETTING--> Then I choose either LEFT OR RIGHT CHANNEL ONLY. Remember with the splitters , I have already isolated one device to the rigth channel as well to the left channel. The sound may very , It is not stereo but for my PC purposes I don't realy care. This is exactly want I want to do with my Android app. I can't choose the audio channel for either one. So both audio feeds comes out. I hope I gave you a better idea. And yes I could listen one device at the time, turning off either one. The Problem is, when someone else is using either one and I am away and try to watch  Cable or Stream Netflix on my Mobil.

ACC1502443 Newbie

And Yes, someone else suggested to get me an extra sling box and get another cable box. Or invest on the Sling Box Pro. But why to buy if there is a way around it.

AlRichey Novice

Great idea.  Never thought of dumping the stereo to get 2 inputs.  I'll rewire my setup immediately

But as you have seen, Sling removed a lot of functionality that we had with the standalone Slingplayer when they began forcing people to use the WebSlingPlayer and, more understandbly, they also limited the functionality of the Android and other Mobile App.

ACC1502443 Newbie

I think the same way. When the app just got out on the Android market , I was so excited. Since I have already a Slingbox that makes things even better. I used to carry my laptop and then bought a mini-netbook. It works great on both. The down side always is portability. I couldn't carry these devices everywhere but, when the app came out. I thougth all my worries went away. After using the app for a couple of weeks , I found it pretty much ok. The stream content was not bad from my cable box. Almost full control of its fuctionality. That is not the case if like users like me wants a little more than just the content from my cable box. Having a membership with netflix (since there is no app for the android yet for it) I thougth It could be kind of cool to stream my movies when someone else at home is watching cable. I guess sometimes when you think to far away, there is always a problem with the the companies that produces and manages how these programs and app should behave.