6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2010 11:26 AM by ranaleon RSS

Can't connect to slingbox after 2.0 update

evansls

Hi,

What am I doing wrong? Before I updated to slingplayer mobile 2.0 , there was a message in the app store that said I needed to update my slingbox to the latest version. After I updated my iphone to the 2.0 version of slingplayer, I logged into setup.slingbox.com to see if there was an update for my slingbox and it said I was up to date. I just got my new slingbox pro HD about 2 weeks ago, because I upgraded from the old slingbox classic.

So, when i try to connect to my slingbox on my iphone 4 over 3G using slingplayer 2.0 (i have 4 bars of 3G), I'm shown this message

"SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox. Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the internet and try again."

I know my slingbox is on the internet, because I validated my slingbox was update to date at setup.slingbox.com

• i have slingbox pro hd
      • i have snow leopard and its update to date with the latest version
      • i have iphone 4 (never jailbroken)
      • i downloaded slingbox mobile 2.0 this morning
      • i connected to my slingbox at setup.slingbox.com and i see there  is no update for my slingbox

Thank you for your help,

Evan

• Re: Can't connect to slingbox after 2.0 update
          liquidate

I'm having the same problem.  iPhone 4 and I've verified (via watch.slingbox.com) that I can watch on my local network and internet viewing is enabled.  Any ideas?

bbasuil1

I'm also having the same issue. Most of the time it's remains on optimizing or when it does connect, the connection is horrible when I have full bars on the network.

liquidate

I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling Slingplayer, so far no luck connecting.  The status message displays "Locating..." then switches to "Connecting...", then finally times out with "SlingPlayer cannot connect to your Slingbox.  Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet and try again."

This occurs on both my wife's and my phones, using either 3g or WiFi, we've tried accessing both locally and via the internet.  The iPhone 4's are jailbroken and running iOS 4.1.

I've verified that I can connect via my desktop systems using either the stand alone SlingPlayer or through watch.slingbox.com.  I've connected both locally and through the internet.

Anyone at Sling with an idea what could be going wrong?

Thanks!

Tav

I had the same problem.  The fix for me was to restore factory defaults (reset button on back of Slingbox SOLO) and then do the reconfiguration via the slingbox web sight.  No further problems so far on either my iphone or iPad.

Apprentice

Hi, evansls

We encourage you to check and adjust some settings on your router. Just make sure to use both of the protocols (UDP and TCP) when creating or editing the rule for your Slingbox. Then, run the Setup Assistant for Internet Viewing.

Make sure to follow these steps and let us know how it works for you.