3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2010 11:44 AM by ritemple RSS

Slingcatcher - Error Code 17

ritemple

My SlingCatcher has been powered off for a few hours. When powering it on it attempts to download the update again, but quickly fails with Error Code 17.

How can I resolve this ?

• Re: Slingcatcher - Error Code 17
          ritemple

Trying again now. This time the system recovery progress bar is moving across the screen rather than failing straight away, however after 10mins or so it fails with error code 13.

ritemple

I phoned Sling last night, just in case they could help. Unfortunately they didn't offer many suggestions, only asking if I'd tried a reset (held button in for 10secs) or that the power supply could be at fault.

If the power supplies ever come back in stock, I might try that. Although as the Catcher is powering up fine, I can't see what that would be the problem.

It seems to me that it's having a problem installing the firmware it is downloading. Can I get the firmware from somewhere else and install it ??

Thanks !

ritemple

well,well,well.....

I thought I'd just try it one more time tonight having left the slingcatcher unplugged all day. First time, it downloaded the firmware and installed OK. Its working again

Thank god for that, I can now watch The Ashes in bed tomorrow morning at 5am

Richard