9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2011 3:40 PM by GJH Branched to a new discussion. RSS

AirPlay on iPad?

pchriley

Just bought Slingplayer Mobile for my iPad.  Two issues so far:

My iPhone version has an AirPlay control, but I can't find it on the iPad version.  Maybe it just isn't there.

I can't add Favorites - just get the message 'Failed to get available channels'.

Thanks

• Re: AirPlay on iPad?
          Apprentice

Hi, pchriley

The "AirPlay" feature is not supported on the SlingPlayer Mobile software for the iPad. Regarding your second request, you can check the following link in order to get the instructions that will allow you to set the "Favorite" channels list for the iPad.

How to create a Favorite

pchriley

Thanks, ranaleon, but...

I have to ask why AirPlay isn't supported - many of my other iPad apps, mostly considerably cheaper than SlingPlayer or even free, support this essential feature and its lack seriously undermines the value of SlingPlayer.  It's a must-have for the next update!  After all, the iPhone version has it.

I do of course know how to set the Favorite channels, but when I try I get the 'Failed to get channels' error - on the basis that Sling built this error message into the software, there must be a reason for it to appear! It happens for me on my iPhone and iPad versions, so I need to know what would cause this please.

Thanks

pchriley

Hi again ranaleon,

Just to be clear, here is a screen grab from the iPhone.

Thanks

Apprentice

Hi, pchriley

We want to thank you for this valuable feedback. It will be sent to the Marketing Department in England.

Regarding the last request, we recommend you to check your Sling Account and Slingbox settings to make sure you are setup correct from a country location.

Finally, if all the settings are properly set, we encourage you uninstall and reinstall the application. We recommend you to follow these steps and let us know how it works for you.

frank2045

Is there any plans for air play support