1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 21, 2011 5:00 PM by ranaleon RSS

Internet Viewing 2

maggiedowden43

Help please!

I had a Slingbox Pro which worked fine, I could connect to it with my laptop over the internet. Having bought an iPad and the Sling App for it I discovered that it would not work with the Slingbox Pro but only with a Slingbox Pro HD. I upgraded to the Pro Hd, set it up for internet viewing but neither the iPad or the laptop would connect over the internet, both connect fine on my LAN. I have tried setting up internet viewing manually following the directions in Sling Help to set up Port Forwarding on my router (Netgear DG834v4) but still cannot connect with iPad or laptop. It returns the Error code 0x8007274c, does anyone have any other ideas?

• Re: Internet Viewing 2
          Apprentice

Hi, maggiedowden43

If the SlingPlayer software shows this error message, it means that you will need to make some adjustments on the router settings.

The following link will allow you to get the step-by-step instructions in order to set up your Slingbox for Internet Viewing. Just make sure to check the "Attached Devices" tab on the router interface in order to get the specific IP address provided by the router for the Slingbox.

Port Forwarding SlingBox on the Netgear DG834