2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2011 6:31 AM by nstaite RSS

Pro-hd, qam and cable systems

nstaite

We have an internal cable system at work which has analog and hd qam channels.

In order to set up the tuner i had to select cable no box as the option and then select a cable company.  However, our channels don't match the cable company layout.  So i selected one (rogers cable) anyway.

Then it scans for channels. It finds about 85 analog and 15 qam (and the 15 show as viewable)

So now when i select this cable input with sling viewer, and i try to channel up, when it hits one of the qam channels - the steam freezes "optimizing", and the sling box disconnects, the network light goes out on the sling box and the it then completely reboots.

Is this because the channels I have don't match the channels as laid out in the selection of rogers cable??

Any ideas?

• Re: Pro-hd, qam and cable systems
          Apprentice

Hi, nstaite

We encourage you to check all the connections (especially the coaxial cable on the back of the Slingbox), then run the detailed channels scan and use the web-based application through www.slingbox.com in order to complete this process.

Make sure to follow these steps and post your results.

• Re: Pro-hd, qam and cable systems
              nstaite

Hello!

I have completed this process and have the same problem.  A co-worker also has this same problem with his slingbox.

To be clear.  The box is connected by Coax.  But it is an in-house cable system (not something like Comcast, Time-Warner or Rogers).  Whenever I select one of the QAM channels on our system (they are in the clear, not encrypted), my slingbox reboots (as does my co-workers).

I don’t know if maybe it is because I have to enter a zip/postal code to get a program guide?  Since our system doesn’t have a program guide I had to select a normal cable company.  Is it possible that because the digital channel I am calling up is not mapped in the program guide – the box reboots?

Thanks