14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 19, 2014 5:28 AM by alanrichey42 RSS

Remote for Clint dc1?

speedpete

Does anyone have the remote configured for the cable box Clint dc1?  It will be used a lot in Denmark after the tv company changed many of the tv channels to digital tv.

Br

Peter

Ps: I've already looked at the two places mentioned earlier in this forum.

• Re: Remote for Clint dc1?
          alanrichey42 Master

Try this one I just built

speedpete

My apologies for the cross posting.

I used a couple of hours in the Slingbox forum to find a solution to my problem and the thread below was the most relevant one I could find, since a person had similar problems to what I was experiencing. It seemed that you knew what you were talking about, which is why I posted another message here.

In regards to your build I'm having some difficulties.

Debug info:

- I followed the instructions from the text file.

- I completed all the steps

- The power test failed.

- After the power test it showed a screen with the message "no update found. Please click next to continue".

- I'm sure the two files are placed in the correct folder "C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV".

The symptoms are that the remote control is no longer available in Slingplayer (desktop version). It's greyed out and I cannot choose it from the "view" menu either. So it looks like it doesn't have access to any commands at the moment.

Any ideas?

Best regards,

Peter

alanrichey42 Master

- I followed the instructions from the text file.

- I completed all the steps

- The power test failed.

- After the power test it showed a screen with the message "no update found. Please click next to continue".

- I'm sure the two files are placed in the correct folder "C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV".

The symptoms are that the remote control is no longer available in Slingplayer (desktop version). It's greyed out and I cannot choose it from the "view" menu either. So it looks like it doesn't have access to any commands at the moment.

OK.  The fact that you did not receive an error message when you tapped the Power button means that the installer is seeing the BIN files.

Ignore the "no update found" message.  That relates to the 'skin' you will be using and the default one is already on your machine.

The fact that the remote control button is 'greyed' out is a bit worrying as that means Slingplayer cannot recover the remote from the Slingbox.   I would try again a couple of times and if that fails reset the Slingbox and do the whole setup again

Cheers

Al

speedpete

Success!

It actually worked after a couple of more times. I tried changing to a different remote, and then back to the C2010 and it worked.

I tested the different buttons and the only thing that doesn't work is the up/down, channelUP/channelDOWN buttons as these increment with 2, instead of 1. This means it automatically changes from 2->4 instead of 2->3. Is it possible for you to update this?

BR

Peter

alanrichey42 Master

It actually worked after a couple of more times. I tried changing to a different remote, and then back to the C2010 and it worked

Neat trick.  I'll remember that for next time,

I tested the different buttons and the only thing that doesn't work is the up/down, channelUP/channelDOWN buttons as these increment with 2, instead of 1. This means it automatically changes from 2->4 instead of 2->3. Is it possible for you to update this?

Yes   It has to 'tweaked' at the binary level, but this should work.  Use the 2 attached file to replace the old ones and re-run the video setup (I guess you are getting used to that.

Cheers

Al

speedpete

Perfect!

Don't know how you set it all up but you're nothing less than a magician in my book .

Thanks for the help.

BR

Peter

PS: Is there an archive where you could upload the profile for others to retrieve it from? I'm pretty sure that a lot of Danes will need this profile within long due to some network changes here.

alanrichey42 Master

PS: Is there an archive where you could upload the profile for others to retrieve it from? I'm pretty sure that a lot of Danes will need this profile within long due to some network changes here.

Yes, once a Remote is proven I put it on the PlaceShifting forum and the JP1 forum.  You will see an announcement appear on this thread in a few hours when I get around to uploading it.  Also, if anyone ever has a similar request for a missing remote I always point them to a thread I produced at https://community.sling.com/thread/3300?tstart=0 which contains the links.

sjoeps

Hi Alan

Yet another dane joins :-). I´ve tried out your remote and at the first try it worked perfectly and went on for several hours. Nevertheless it stopped responding after a few hours for no apparent reason.

When I left it for the night I tried the power switch on the remote as the last input, and to my surprise the device was actually off in the morning. It is as if it working, only at the speed of the steamdriven model.

When I click on the links, it correctly says "controlling" underneath correctly in the slingplayer.

I haven´t got a digital camera to check the beam, but I´ve put all four emitters to point towards the remote zone of the clintbox.

Any ideas? I tried the swapping of remotes, but no joy either