4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 6, 2011 4:07 PM by pclifeguard RSS

Audio and video out of Sync

fasterboatman

Forum,

When I start using sling either via iPhone, home PC, or away from PC, the audio slowly gets behind the video.  The longer you watch the worse it gets.  I can pause the video, then play and everything is in sync again but quickly starts to get out of sync again.

I have reset the PRO-HD, I have uploaded the latest micro-code etc. 

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

-jeff

• Re: Audio and video out of Sync
          pclifeguard

I have the exact same issues with the PRO-HD and the Windows Desktop software. This  problem gets worse the longer I watch. If I pause or rewind the video,  it syncs back up. No one seems to have a solution for this yet and responses have only sent people to:

Slingbox audio issues: Basic troubleshooting

Audio settings

Which are only helpful if you are recieving no audio at all. They provide no solution for audio lag or sync issues.

I've tried going from Automatic Encoding to lower resolutions and it still lags. Does anyone have a solution?

fasterboatman

I was able to avoid the issue by switching from  the video from "Auto" to "Best" .   At least for me it seems to be a good work around.

pclifeguard

I am using the SlingPlayer Version 2.0.4.522, which I recently downloaded from the Slingbox website and it only has Automatic and a selection of resolutions in the Encoding tab of SlingPlayer Options. Unfortunately when I choose a resolution setting instead of Automatic, it does not solve the problem. It may be best not to download the latest version until they resolve this issue.

Does anyone know where I can download archived versions of the SlingPlayer that has an Automatic/Best option in the SlingPlayer Options?

pclifeguard

I called Technical Support and they said to keep adjusting the Encoding Options in the Slingbox Player for Windows until the audio syncs back up. None of the options worked, so I did a reset on the Slingbox PRO-HD, went throught the setup process, and it seemed to clear up the audio sync issue. Hopefully this solved the problem completely.