3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2011 5:51 PM by scotteboone RSS

Slingbox Pro VS Slingbox Pro-HD

VIPguard

What the difference with this 2 unit?

It's stream in 1080i all 2 when you plug an HD source?

• Re: Slingbox Pro VS Slingbox Pro-HD
          Apprentice

Hi VIPguard,

Basically the difference is the High Definition; With the Slingbox PRO-HD, you can connect a HD source (cable box, satellite, DVR or DVD) and your Slingbox will be able to stream in HD locally and remotely if you have the minimum requirements

Slingbox PRO-HD system requirements for HD and SD streaming

With the Slingbox PRO, you can connect a HD source using the HD connect cable, you will get the best quality on the PRO but not High Definition

I hope this helps!

Regards

VIPguard

Ok thank's!

How can I exchange an original slingbox with an refurbished Pro-HD in canada? I see something on the website about that...

http://ca.slingbox.com/go/slingbox-prohd

If you currently own an original Slingbox, Slingbox PRO, Slingbox AV or Slingbox TUNER, you are eligible to receive $50 off a new Slingbox SOLO or Slingbox PRO-HD or, while supplies last, you can purchase a refurbished Slingbox PRO-HD for only $149.99.

But when I click on it it's only write to have a rebate for a new one, me I want an exchange for a refurbished...

scotteboone

I currently have a PRO.  I am considering upgrading to PRO-HD.  When I travel and Sling from a distance.... will the picture clarity be any better?  or the same??

You have mentioned internet requirements.  what are they?  I have DSL connection, which is about 400kbps upload speed. ((which I think is fairly normal for most poeple)).

thanks