1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 1, 2017 6:08 PM by ms.T RSS

M2 setup help

dawgbiscuit

Tried to setup M2 slingbox on my laptop using a wifi connection on my home network. Slingbox connects to network, but fails C-200 error (failed to update firmware). Next I tried several attempts with a hard wire Ethernet  connection from a desktop computer on the network, same results, the dreaded C-200 error. Mind you I've disabled the firewalls and antivirus software on both Windows 7 Pro machines. Also I've done numerous soft and hard resets all to no avail. Next I tried my Samsung Galaxy 4 android phone, downloaded setup app, connected to my home network, VOILA.......IT WAS ACTUALLY UPDATING THE FIRMWARE........INSTALLING SOFTWARE..........SUCCESS.........A GREEN CHECK MARK ............. FIRMWARE 01.01.092........... LATEST UPDATE INSALLED........PRESS TO CONTINUE......................................****.....IT STARTS UPDATING THE SAME FIRMWARE AGAIN... SAYS ITS SUCCESSFUL....PRESS TO CONTINUE..........OVER AND OVER AGAIN......numerous soft and hard resets....to no avail.....tried going back to hardwire desktop error.......C-200 error..........tried going back to laptop with wifi connection..........C-200

Any reason this slingbox shouldn't go back to BestBuy Today??????????

• Re: M2 setup help
          ms.T Novice

I don't know if you've checked the firewall from your router itself. That also comes with an added layer of security. Try assigning a port. Enable UPnP. All of this info found in the FAQ's section.