4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 16, 2011 3:29 AM by MSFLFC RSS

Multiple viewers simultaneously using Slingbox HD

alkhamis

guys

i have recently purchased Slingbox HD and managed to make it work as a first step. please note that i am locate in Dubai and have Showtime package.

currently the setup goes as follows:

1) i have a humax satellite reciever

2) satellite cable (coaix) is connected to splitter and

a) i have one Coaix connected from splitter to my reciever input

b) i have one Coaix connected from splitter to my slingbox hd input

3) I have connected the composite cables from reciever to slingbox

4) i have connected the remote cable and placed it on reciever

5) i have installed the slingbox application on my desktop and have done the basic configuration using the "setup assistant". Please note here when i try to configure the "video sources" and i select the "ANT IN". I get the message in the "no video detected". Therefore i have configured the video source to be "composite" and it works.

6) i have configured my router and internet viewing also works.

my issue is the following:

1) when i use internet viewing and i change the channels i basically change the channel of the reciever at home hence i disturb the people watching tv at home. I want to be able to allow multiple viewing of the simultaneously.

2) Why there is no video detected even though the satillete cable is connected directly to slingbox as per the steps mentioned above?

what am i doing wrong and how can i solve it ?

MAK

• Re: Multiple viewers simultaneously using Slingbox HD
          eferz Expert

I think the biggest problem you have is that the Slingbox Pro-HD doesn't have satellite tuner capabilities.  It can only tune in channels from over the air ATSC or Clear QAM signals.  You probably have to contact your service provider to see if your plan has access to either of these signals.

pwregan

I may be late in getting back to you since you posted 3 months ago, but the solution is simple. Pay your provider the extra five bucks a month boc rent and put your Slingbox on it's own Cable/Satellite box. Mine works fantastic and doesn't disturb anything in the house. I still want Slingbox to figure a way that four or five of us could all be watching the same program if we wanted to share a sporting event with other family members. Why not Slingbox??? It can't be that big of a deal to let others onto the box provided they watch what the first user chooses.....COME ON !

MSFLFC

SOLVED ! (for me at least)

Hi,

I have only now seen your post as I was looking for a solution to the same problem: I wanted to be able to watch one channel on sling player (and sling player mobile) while watching another channel at home through my STB.

Well, this link from SLing support guided me in the right direction:

http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-2000136.html

Basically, with this setup, the people at home can watch anything they want through the STB as they normally do.

At the same time - on the sling player - I use the Video Input setting within SlingPlayer to switch to Coax. This option DOES give me a different

and simple remote and it DOES ONLY allow me to watch "free view" channels but at least at does work !!

In setting this up, remember to go to Setup on Slingbox.com to configure the Coax input. I used the "Analog cable". The digital cable could not find any channels. Analog found 37.

I hope this helps someone who was just as frustrated as I was about this.

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE NOW IS THIS:

I HAVE MY STB AND SLINGPLAYER IN A METAL CABINET JUST NEXT TO THE ROUTER/MODEM.

WHEN I CLOSE THE METAL CABINET DOOR I CAN NO LONGER CONTROL THE STB THROUGH SLING PLAYER OR SLING PLAYER MOBILE.

IF I OPEN UP THE CABINET DOOR I CAN CONTROL THE STB AGAIN. (THE IR EYE IS ALWAYS AT THE SAME PLACE *ABOVE THE STB* SO THAT IS NOT THE ISSUE).

I GUESS THIS IS ONE OF LIFE'S MYSTERIES..... IF ANYONE CAN HELP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT :-)