12 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2010 1:24 PM by jleejones Branched to a new discussion. RSS

How does one stop SlingPlayer (Mac) from prodding to download incompatible update?

randok

SlingPlayer for Mac (1.0.10.272) keeps putting a dialog box up asking if I want to download a more recent version. When I go to the website to do so, Sling Media tells me that my SlingBox Pro HD is not compatible with the latest SlingPlayer for Mac that I'm being asked to download.

The current version works fine, so I don't feel the need to download the "latest" but incompatible version. Instead, I just want to know how to keep my current version of SlingPlayer from interrupting me every hour or so with the same "do you want to upgrade?" dialog box. (Perhaps I'm just missing the preference setting, but if so, I'm blind to if for some reason.)

Many thanks for anyone who knows how to solve this simple but extremely annoying problem (always a bit insulting to be driven to a site to upgrade only to be told that you've been left behind...).

-Randy