8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 7, 2011 4:40 AM by the6walkers RSS

Sling class keeps disconnecting on setup

cushmusic

I have not used my classic for a yr or so.  Now trying to setup it detects it on the network, Power light and network light is green.

I then Set Name and Password.

The very next screen while entering Sling account information the Slingbox looses Internet connection,  I try again and it does it again at the same place.

Any help or suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks

• Re: Sling class keeps disconnecting on setup
          Apprentice

Hi Cushmusic,

We recommend you to be as specific as possible about the issue you are having. This way, other forum users will be able to help you with accurate information. Is the Slingbox connected directly to the router (hardwired)? Or are you using a wireless or a power bridge?

Have you tried to Reset the Slingbox?

the6walkers

I think I am having that problem too. I just replaced my router and all went perfect. I then powered on the Slingbox Classic. Network light did not come on. I pressed the reset button and now it seen on the network. So I go thru the Slingbox set up and everything goes perfect, channels are scanned and even internet viewing was set up automatically. Then at the last step it says something like "saving settings, waiting for Slingbox to come back on-line, this my take a few seconds" then it show a red X connection failed and it wants to go thru the set up again. I tried the set up again but no network found again. So I reset the Slingbox again, network found and all goes well until the very end again. Its like it can't save the settings. Sorry if being too vague, I'm going off memory from last week.

the6walkers

Well I gave up on setting up the Slingbox thru my Mac and tried my old Win-XP PC. All went perfect and even remote viewing went perfect. Went back to my Mac and uninstalled and reinstalled Slingplayer software and still nothing.."can't connect/check network". I am giving up for tonight, so frustrating. With my Netflix account I'm wondering if this set up hassle is even worth it? If I can't get it working soon, its going up on ebay.

grimmib

I am having the same issue as well, any updates to this?

the6walkers

I finnally got it to work. If you have a Classic Slingbox with a newer Mac, download the older desktop player at the link below. Once installed it didn't connect to the network. I had to change one setting to get it to connect. In the menu at the top of the Slingplayer go to "Slingbox > Get Info > then choose Connect with "Sling ID" (granted you have all the fields filled in) and it started working.  I am not a Sling expert by any means so this is the only help I can provide. Good luck.

http://support.slingbox.com/go/dl-mac-desktop