15 Replies Latest reply: Feb 20, 2017 11:16 AM by ACC410578 RSS

idle

alan1023

All of a sudden my slingbox goes into an idle state. Does anyone know how to correct this?

• Re: idle
          whoasuckaa

I have the same problem and it is happening every 30 minutes.  Using Slingplayer for Web (Version 1.2.7.358) with IOS X Yosemite on a Macbook.

user5027

I have been experiencing this with slingplayer for web.  Watching and suddenly screen goes to "Idle."   Started a couple weeks ago and at times happens very frequently (every 5 minutes) and at times the slingplayer can run for hours.

I have a Dell desktop, Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 51.0.1.  The desktop is connected to the router via ethernet cable and the slingbox is connected with an ethernet cable.  Not using wifi.  Rebooting the computer does not seem to help.  I have rebooted and it can happen soon again.

If it helps I just experimented now when it happened.  The slingplayer for web on the desktop just went idle. After that I connected with my tablet without having to "bump" the desktop off.

Hopefully a cause/fix can be identified.

ACC410578

yeah, i've had the same problem for the last several weeks, and if it continues, I'm going to scuttle this ***.  Slingbox is quickly becoming more trouble than it is worth.

*** Edited to remove inappropriate language by the Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator. ***

garpinc

U have same issue. Happened while watching grammys

ACC6478300

Same problem but only since about  a week. Prior it was working fine. I use laptop and ethernet connection then HDMI to TV. Looking for answer as well.

Jacques

roadrelics

slingbox tech support is about is about as worthless as **** on a boar hog...they've never heard of this?? LOL they are a joke and i need to find something better than this piece of ****.

*** Edited to remove inappropriate language by the Slingbox Answers Forum Moderator. ***

twoxphds

I  am having the same problem.  I can't even use the slingbox anymore.  This is extremely frustrating.  Doesn't anyone have an answer?

alan1023

so sling media is no longer going to be manufacturing slingboxes.  they're just selling off their remaininginventory.  maybe that's why they could care less about our issues.

alan1023

check out this link Sling Media Halts Slingbox Manufacturing: Report | Multichannel

Sling Media Halts Slingbox Manufacturing: Report

Multichannel

|

ACC410578

Thanks, i hadn't heard that, but it explains alot.  Oh well, there's many options out there, vulkano and belkin each have sling like technology.  I use the sling to sling my directv into my office. directv has the ability to do this now, but I have to upgrade my receivers, which I'm not really keen on doing.  Goodbye Sling.....

citizenstrat

same frustrating "idle" which started happening this month causing the sling to drop out after a couple of minutes.  This only happens when using slingbox through web browser.  I suspect this may be a problem with my antivirus rules.  However I found a work around.  It doesn't happen when I use the slingplayer app through Windows 7.  Give the app a try.  continues to work so far.

JimGW

Same problem here too. Hope Slingbox can do something about it asap.