2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2010 3:22 PM by ranaleon RSS

SlingPlayer Vs. Sling Web Performance

I have a 'Pro in the UK as well as one here in the US; I am using Slingplayer 1.5.

I consistently get a better rate (400kbps which is acceptable for my purposes) using watch.slingbox.com.

Using the slingplayer (windows), I get an unacceptable consistent rate of 250kbps. This makes my at large recorder virtually unusable.

What is going on? Why do I consistently get a much better rate with the web player?

I was going to upgrade to 2.0, but the web site says it only supports boxes in the US and Canada and other countries must continue to use 1.5.

• Re: SlingPlayer Vs. Sling Web Performance
          Apprentice

Hi, 255909390659933

When you use the SlingPlayer software, you will consume a higher amount of your equipment resources, since you are running the application installed on your hard-disk.

On the other hand, when you use the web-based application, you will use a lower amount of resources since you are running the application over the Internet.

Regarding the last request, the SlingPlayer v2.0 is intended to be used only in US and Canada, since the Program Guide (one of the main features) will only recognize the "local information" formats.