4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2011 12:10 AM by CaliforniaPlaya RSS

Full screen possible with Slingbox Pro without HD Connect?

CaliforniaPlaya

Seems there are several different answers for this on here, and I'm not sure which is correct. Is true full screen (not stretched) possible with a Slingbox Pro (red) without the HD Connect cable? I've been going back and forth with this for a while, apparently it works for some and not for others. I'm not going to invest more money in this Pro, I'd rather get a new box. But if I can get full screen, I'll probably keep this one. I'm not able to get full screen from anywhere I try - Android phone, Mac desktop, Mac laptop, on or off the network. The box is updates with the latest firmware and I am using the latest software, both desktop and mobile.

Thanks!!!

• Re: Full screen possible with Slingbox Pro without HD Connect?
          Apprentice

Hi, CaliforniaPlaya

As a matter of fact, it is possible to get the full screen regardless the input you use. We recommend you to test all the aspect ratio settings on the SlingPlayer software or web-based applications and the set top box itself. The following link will provide you with further information about these settings.

Changing Aspect Ratio (Video Zoom)

Make sure to follow these recommendations and let us know how it works for you.

CaliforniaPlaya

We? Who is we? Do you work for Slingbox?

Take a look at my original post again. I said full screen without stretching. Changing the aspect ratio unnaturally stretches the picture. I'm talking about true full screen. You know, what Slingbox likes to show us in their commercials and demos but, according to other posts on here, many of us seem to have a difficult time achieving.

tirmendm

In my experience the answer is possibly.  I think it may depend on your video source.  When I originally got my Slingbox Pro I had Comcast as my cable provider and I could view my Slingbox in full screen.  When I moved I switched to ATT U-verse and no matter how I've played with the setting I cannot get my slingbox to show in full screen.  I get something slightly wider than 4:3 aspect ratio, but it is not wide screen as it should be.  The problem may not be because of the cable source (maybe there was a software update that disabled this ability or some other issue entirely), but I'd recommend saving your money on the HD Connect as it may not solve your problem anyway.

I posted a similar question to yours a year or so ago but didn't get any responce.  If you come up with a solutions I'd love to hear it.

CaliforniaPlaya

Perhaps slingbox has answered this question here: http://support.slingbox.com/get/KB-5000279.html.

I just switched from Comcast to DirecTV and my new box only has digital output (HDMI and component), so this Slingbox does me no good at the moment. I'm considering getting a HD Connect cable, but I might be better off just getting of this Slingbox all together and getting a new one. Their note on the above link that they are investigating an improvement for this situation doesn't sound very promising.