1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 17, 2010 1:13 PM by ranaleon RSS

Unable to connect to Slingbox over the internet

kenhandeland

Hello everyone.

I have had the slingbox since 2007 and never have had a problem before.

I can view my slingbox over my network on my desktop and on my laptop over the wireless network

I have in the last month added wireless usb adapter to one of my desktop computers. But I am unable to view it on my desktop that are connected to the network via wireless usb adapters.

I have tried every setup I can think of?

What am I doing wrong?

I get this error message:

• Error: 0x9234015f
      • Context: 46
      • Operation:1041

You must install Windows Media decoders prior to using SlingPlayer. Please run Windows Media Player or download the decoders.
      [Advanced users: the error code is 0x9234015f.]

SlingPlayer is unable to render the video stream.

SlingPlayer has failed to seek to the specified location.
      SlingPlayer has failed to clip the file from the buffer.
      SlingPlayer has failed to set the configuration on the Slingbox.
      Updating the IR configuration on the Slingbox has failed.
      Failed to set the WAN enable on the Slingbox.
      The projector listen socket failed to start.
      There has been a communcations problem.
      Blasting IR keys to the Slingbox.
      Changing the channel on the Slingbox.
      Fine tuning the current channel on Slingbox.
      device.disconnected
      The Slingbox is connecting.
      The Slingbox is connected
      The Slingbox is disconnecting.
      The operation has failed.
      The operation failed because of invalid parameters.
      The operation failed because of invalid state.
      The operation failed because of invalid response.
      The operation failed because it was taking too long to complete.
      Failed to post message
      The operation has failed because of an invalid interface.
      Failed to load DLL
      Failed to get method in the DLL
      Failed to get required property
      Failed to get broadcast response
      Failed to get network interface configuration
      Failed to get the asynchronous result
      Failed to get the asynchronous data
      Failed to queue item with the Slingbox
      Failed to encrypt the Slingbox message
      Failed to send the Slingbox message
      SlingPlayer is going stop trying to connect to the Slingbox now. If SlingPlayer is already connected to the Slingbox, it's going to disconnect.
      Unable to connect to the Slingbox. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings
      There's been a communication error. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings.
      There's been a communication error. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings.
      There's been a communication error. Please check your network, firewall, and router settings.pt
      The Slingbox Locator Service is temporarily unavailable. SlingPlayer might not be able to locate your Slingbox if it's outside the network you're using. For workarounds and more information, use the Need more help? links.
      There's been an HTTP communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.
      There's been an HTTP communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.
      Incorrect proxy settings have caused a communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.
      Incorrect proxy settings have caused a communication error. Check your network, firewall, and router settings.
      Failed to start streaming from the Slingbox

Failed to start the renderer

Failed to start the stream buffer engine
      Failed to seek to specified location within the buffer
      Failed to create clip
      Operation failed while trying to update the firmware
      Operation failed while trying to enable remote viewing