6 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2017 8:52 PM by ACC92798 RSS

My slingbox has stopped working, It gets to "Launching slingplayer" and no further.

davidandvicki

My slingbox has stopped working, It gets to "Launching slingplayer" and no further.

• Re: My slingbox has stopped working, It gets to "Launching slingplayer" and no further.
          ACC92798

I have this issue myself.  Trying to get this thing to start running.  I'm not sure what's going on, I try reinstalling the software and no luck.  It's really quite annoying.  The commercials are bad enough, but when it doesn't want to run, it's even worse.  Talking about garbage.

• Re: My slingbox has stopped working, It gets to "Launching slingplayer" and no further.
            SabaBob

Slingbox's Slingplayer for Web SUCKS!  I am getting to the point where I want to take my Slingbox and throw it in the river. Since they have gone to this stupid Slingplayer for Web I can't get my Slingbox to work.  I am using Mac OS Sierra and have repeatedly downloaded and reinstalled the stupid Slingplayer for Web software.  I have tried with Safari, Firefox and Chrome. All I get is "Launching Slingplayer" and it never changes. I have tried manually clicking on the Slingplayer App in Applications to see if I can kick it in the **** to get it to work and that doesn't work. My Slingbox is 5 years old so the twits at Slingbox won't even talk to me unless I pay $29 and this isn't is hardware issue so what difference does it make if my box is 5 or 100 years old.  This is a software issue with their crappy software.  This is very frustrating.  Crappy customer service.