3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2011 6:23 PM by lot27 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

"SlingPlayer connection lost..." message right away with iPad app - Works fine on my Mac

nitin2010

I have a Slingbox Pro HD that I purchased a few years ago. It had a sticker on it that claimed HD support was coming to the Mac in the following quarter. It took over a year for Sling to deliver on that broken promise. After years the web-based Slingplayer finally works pretty well and reliably.

However, this iPad app I just spent $30 does not work at all. 9 out of 10 times I get a message saying that "SlingPlayer connection lost. Please make sure your phone and Slingbox are connected to the Internet and try again." Apparently Sling considers the iPad to be a phone.

I have a 802.11n Airport Extreme router that my Mac is wirelessly connected to. I can connect to my SlingBox Pro HD fine and pull down an HD quality signal. I do not understand why the iPad app can not connect.

I'd appreciate any insight on how to solve this problem. I find it insulting that Sling expects me to pay $50 to get support for their $30 non-functional software.