8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2017 5:16 AM by Puddinggow RSS

Magic TV MTV8000D remote request

Puddinggow
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Hi there,  I have a M1 and would like to connect a Pixel Magic TV MTV8000D:

http://www.magictv.com/hk/en/index.html

My Mum likes to watch Hong Kong cable TV and TVB in the U.K.  I have purchased 7 Slingboxes in the past, most of which have died a death and I am down to the last 2 pro-HD and pro models and the connection stops quite regularly. 

She can watch both but with the M1 I can only connect one device so I bought a MTV8000D but there is no remote control.

I have been desperate to find ways to resolve the problem of her being able to view HK TV from the UK.

Any help anyone can provide is really appreciated!

Thank you!!!

• Re: Magic TV MTV8000D remote request
          alanrichey42 Master

I assume you have already done a proper Forum Search for your model number in case other people have already answered your question ?

If so and that didn't help then check out this thread:  https://community.sling.com/message/10363#10363

Come back if it that doesn't help either.

Al

Puddinggow

Yes thanks Al. There is a MTV3000 remote available for an earlier model but not the MTV8000D or any other models.  Someone else did request a remote but they did not request further assistance.

alanrichey42 Master

I just checked the Logitech Harmony IR Database and the 8000 hasn't got there yet.   The latest they have is the 5000 and that uses the same codes as the 3000, so it seems odd if they changed the codes for the 8000.

Thanks Al!  I did give Magic TV a call.  They said the newer models remote controls can control all the older model sets but the 3000 cannot control the 8000.  I asked if the 5000 can control the 8000 but he wouldn't give me a definite answer.  I did ask at 3 electronics stores and they told yes the remote is the same and can control but that's probably because they want me to buy it.  It costs about GBP 400 so I really don't want to buy it and find it cannot be controlled remotely.  If it works I am happy to try it out as I have spend a lot of time (and money) over the years with setup so my family can view HK TV from the UK. 

The setup I have at the moment is I have a Pro-HD and a Pro Slingbox and a recently purchased M1.  Both the Pro-HD and Pro connect to a HDTV antenna for terrestrial TV channels (I couldn't connect so the digital channels can be viewed) and a cable TV box - so duplicate set-ups.  However both sets seem to be on their last legs and hence I have purchased a M1 but I can only connect the cable TV box.  The best setup I can think of is to connect the Magic TV 8000D to the M1 so my Mum can view the digital channels and cable TV or alternatively replace one of the Slingboxes with another M1 and purchase a HDTV converter (?).  I can't seem to connect my TV to any Slingbox to get the digital terrestrial signal - is there something there that I have stupidly overlooked? Can you connect a HDTV converter to a Slingbox to get digital terrestrial TV channels?