3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 27, 2010 2:21 AM by drobinson02199 RSS

PRO HD jittering?

aadriana

After installing Pro HD with component cables and analog cables (red & white) I got a nice HD image (video) but sound was veru poor with jittering even with a very good with large band Internet.

The alternative was to "put away" componet cables and use the old analog cables (Y,R,W): The result is a good image (but not HD quality) and good sound.

My idea when buying Pro HD was to have Video and Sound with HD pattern but seems to me that I will have use it as "Solo" one.

Any hint?

Adriana

• Re: PRO HD jittering?
          drobinson02199

I just bought a Pro HD two days ago and after a lot of fiddling, I  think I have figured out some things about jittering/studdering.

I found that if I hit the pause button on my DVR, the jittering  would stop for a bit, and then start again.  So I figured that maybe my  computer, even though it is above the spec line Slingbox publishes, was  the issue.

I went to the options menu and went to manual settings.  I had already lowered the resolution to my native resolution, so I pulled the stream rate down to 3,000.  I set the audio bit rate at 64.

This has made all the difference, without a noticeable (to me) change in resolution.  I have watched football for an extended period with no jittering.  Great action and resolution.  It's even working on a sony netbook I have with a 2.0GHZ Atom.

Took some experimenting to get to the right stream rate for my laptop.

mattosl

Would appreciate your help.  When you say

"I went to the options menu and went to manual settings.  I had already lowered the resolution to my native resolution, so I pulled the stream rate down to 3,000.  I set the audio bit rate at 64."

What "option menu" are you referring to?

Thanks....Lou

drobinson02199

On the SlingPlayer, go to:

Settings/SlingPlayer Options

Click the Encoding tab

You'll see a box to adjust the stream rate, and some other manual adjustments as well.  I left my frame rate at full and the Iframe interval at 5.  Used 64 for audio.