12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 30, 2010 1:35 PM by MisterL99 RSS

issues with ipad app on 3g

rizzle Newbie

im having this problem when using my slingplayer for ipad with new ipad app, it keeps freezing any solution to help with this ,is anyone else having this problem?

• Re: issues with ipad app on 3g
          rizzle Newbie

Also does not happen with slingplayer on the iphone4 only with ipad app..

MisterL99

I'm having all kinds of problems after the firmware upgrade and the new iPad app install. It's made the thing basically unusable. I will without a doubt put a video on YouTube tonight detailing the issues. I'll post the links here.

To start, i cant change the channels on my Dish network via sling player mobile for iPad, I have a VIP612 dvr that ATT instructed me to buy as a stand alone for my sling box and using the Pro-HD.

I can't navigate to the last channel, I cant get to my recorded shows from this new app, if i sit there and hit OK several times it will eventually take one of the commands but that's after I'm completely frustrated and sat there 10 minutes pushing buttons. When I go to the numerical keypad to change the channel, it accepts the channel numbers but when I hit enter the "thinking" about it revolving circle comes up but brings up the same channel I'm currently watching never changing the channel. As of today 11/29/10 there is now an "I'm thinking about it" revolving circle that comes up randomly and often as if I've issued a command and I have not. I'm sick wit it and ******. I've only mentioned a few of the issues but they are extensive to the point of it being useless. I've tried it with the same result on my local network not five feet from the sling box. I'll add the YouTube vids and post here but will be requesting my money back from the iTunes store shortly and trying to go back to the iPhone app or get rid of it all together.  

MisterL99

i switched to the Standard definition and i only experienced a worse picture on my gigabit local network mind you.  but it didn't solve the issues. still useless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpd-Eqis50g

rizzle Newbie

with my ipad app on 3G in standard definition i dont have those issues it only does freeze every 2 seconds nd the picture looks bad.

MisterL99

so i resolved all these issues by resetting the slingbox pro-hd as if it were new out of the box, from scratch. i had to re setup all my computers and devices who want to see the slingbox and restart all the devices again once the setup completed to stop the constant thinking circle.  what a pain in my asteroid.  from my Mac, i open the slingplayer software and it tells me there is an update available then it opens the sling media site, they couldn't make this software any more difficult to find.  the previous version is in plain site but the software it says is the update is no where to be found. "why separate knob, why separate knob"  sheesh

MisterL99

Today the "thinking circle" is back. I've restarted the app and the iPad and it never stops. So when I connect to my pro-hd I get the thinking circle every two to three seconds without any action from me. This app needs work. It basically halts the connection every few seconds chopping up the broadcast to the point where you can't ..... Still useless.