2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2017 5:42 PM by ACC6148443 RSS

System Error The program can't start because WBSPPluginManager.dll is missing from your computer

ACC6148443
    Visibility: Open to anyone

Windows 8.1 running Chrome and Firefox browsers watching Slingbox successfully but when moving laptop, HDMI disconnected and lost connection.  Now when attempting reconnect, receive:

Slingplayerfor Web.exe - System Error

The program can't start because WBSPPluginManager.dll is missing

from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

OK

Restarted Chrome, tried in Firefox, uninstalled Slingplayer applications and reinstalled, rebooted, cleared browser cache, Googled WBSPPluginManager and found only sites that would scan for drivers but required payment for downloads and no confidence that they were not scans after my money and identification.  Previously able to just open the application and select Watch but now required to configure only to experience the message above.  Really aggravating watching one second and cannot the next.  Watching football on tiny phone screen and now supper is late.  These type problems affect my whole life.  Please tell me steps I can take toward troubleshooting, downloading, or repairing without risking giving away my identity or money.  Thanks in advance, crndctr

Supper simmering and returned to troubleshoot.  Added slingbox site to popup exceptions in Chrome and had no problem restarting slingplayer on laptop.  Also did not have to configure ... you figure!  crndctr