12 Replies Latest reply: Jul 15, 2011 8:29 PM by gzman1 Branched to a new discussion. RSS

admin password

VJMOPAR

trying to get this than working again and am being asked for the admin password

never seen one or had one as far as I know any ideas?

• Re: admin password
          chronicilivin

ya same problem tryed calling slingbox they want 30 bucks to help me set up a product i bought from them, i'd rather return it this is a scam

mmicker

I am doing the original setup and the slingbox is found as unconfigured.  When I click on it to configure it it asks me for admin password.  Is there a default admin password as I have never set this box up before?

Gweneth

The set up process requires that you set up a password.  The administrative password that is required is different from this password and now that I have paged through the postings,  When I first called for help, I spoke to a less than service oriented rep who didn't understand the difference and sent me off to do a reinstall.  When I was well into this process, I was once again stymied by the request for my "administrative password". I see a few other postings that are asking this yet to be answered question.  

I never had this problem with my first slingbox.  Now that I am experiencing this problem I am disappointed to see how unhelpful the so called help desk is.

Any one out there successfully resolve this problem?

vminkler

I just upgraded to version 2.1.110 and also reset the slingbox Solo by holding reset button on back for 30 seconds. Then went to my home PC loged into my account and went through setup for my now "Unconfigured" slingbox. First step says Congratulations we've detected your Slingbox. Then I hit Next. Step 2 says - Your Slingbox is up to date. You have the newest Slingbox software. I hit Next. I answer question where is my Slingbox located. I give my slingbox a name and I type in a password and type in confirm password. I hit Next. Now on Step 3 Video Source and get error message - "The Slingbox Administrator password that you typed is incorrect. Please re-enter it. When I type in the password on used on Step 2 it just brings me back throught the setup again and fails on Step 3 with same error. Now what?

Kennedk Newbie

Close the progam, reset your slingbox to factory settings on the back, and start over.  Make sure the password you use is the same as the one you setup on the website when you got the account.

vminkler

Yes, I close the program, reset slingbox by pushing the reset button on the back, then used the same password that I used to set up my account.

I still get the error about not using admin password.

gzman1

admin worked for me kinda need to re configure the input