12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2011 12:03 PM by huettlin RSS

Video Out

mwindeler

Anyone else wish the video out worked on this?  I was hoping to use this in my car as a way to deliver TV through the car DVD system.  Audio works fine but the video out doesn't work.

• Re: Video Out
          alanrichey42 Master

What exactly are you talking about ?   I could hazard a guess at the iPhone app ?

mwindeler

I'm talking about using an iPad and the new Slingplayer Mobile app for iPad. I wish the application would call the video out function if A/V cables were plugged into the iPad.  Apple designed that plug to be selectively called by the application - by default Keynote and a couple other apps can send video out.  I would like the Slingplayer app to allow video out because then I could use it with my car's A/V system to pipe the Slingbox stream to the built in video screens and audio system in my car.  As it is now, plugging in the A/V cables only sends audio to the cars Audio system, but the video does not go out.

dbsguy Apprentice

You can get video out functionality however you'd have to jailbreak in order to do it. A simple process that takes between 30 seconds to 2 mins on the average release. Once jailbroken, you can download one of several apps (such as screensplitter) to enable tv out functionality to any app including slingplayer.

jcg432

Is this not going to be an option without jail breaking the IPad?

dbsguy Apprentice

Nope, not an option unless you jailbreak. This is the way it's been thus far since the slingbox app was released back in march of 2009. It may change in an upcomming  release (however don't hold your breathe as they haven't done it this far and they don't address the issue in terms of if it's ever comming)....

One of the problem(s) with sling media is the lack of comminuication between the company and it's customers. Add to that the lack of customer service after the fact that they have shown since their company was bought out by echostar and their puch for $30 buck fee's to even talk to you, much less enforce their warranty after the initial 30 days and you get into the mess we are all in at this point.

Apprentice

Hi, mwindeler and all.

This feature is not supported when using the SlingPlayer Mobile application on your iPhone, as shown on this link.

SlingPlayer Mobile/iPhone doesn't support line-out

btorphy

I can understand this not working on the iPhone App, any thoughts on if this will be added to the iPad App?  Currently the iPad app only sends out the audio as previously stated about the iPhone App.

lawrencezwer

I just upgraded my iPad app to 1.1 which supposedly includes video out. I plugged it into my tv and can't get picture - sound is fine. Tried to airplay through my appletv and it will play audio through my music library, but again, no picture.

Thoughts?

jcg432

I think I can answer this one.... The IPAD does not airplay third party apps yet only video or movies that are on your ipad but the new 4.3 update will allow this. So this option will be available soon.

The second part Im just guessing but the app update description shows that this is for HD option and components cables only. (I just guessing)

huettlin

I've connected the iPad to a TV with the Apple Component cable. It is working fine in HQ, but if I'm change to SQ it was not working anymore.

Tone is running well at both positions.

The problem is, I can't get the HQ-Signal through the internet in Canada, there is an upload up to 1Mps so I have to look here in Germany SQ to have a picture free of stucking.

The quality would be good enough but it isn't working over TV.

Is there any update or changing comming up, so there's nu jailbrake necessary?

I don't want to loose my extended warranty by jailbreak the iPad...

Greetings

Mike

btorphy

I just tried it on mine and it works great!  Previously I was running "Display Out" but it was only passing the same resolution on my iPad, today I disabled Display Out and connected and I am see the full resolution on my 1080P Plasma, the iPad only displays the SlingPlayer Mobile logo but all the controls are there.  I am very pleased to see them add this feature to the latest release.  Nice Job!!

FWIW... I am using the Noosy HDMI Output adapter for my iPad.