3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2010 7:13 AM by ndoren RSS

Android Evaluation?

bilsy

I've just purchased a slingbox and it works great. I was a little bit surprised to find out that only the windows based slingplayer is free. I have an android phone and would like to use the android slingplayer, but I would like to test the software before I agree to pay the £20 charge. With most software these days, you get an evaluation period - is this not the case with the slingplayer for android?

• Re: Android Evaluation?
          ndoren Newbie

Correct me if I'm wrong... any app downloaded and purchased through the standard Android Market can be uninstalled for a full refund within the first 24 hours.  At least that's true here in the US.   I don't know why the SlingPlayer app would be an exception to that.  Besides, if you have enough interest to try the SlingPlayer app, you will probably keep it anyway, because it works pretty well. Neall

bilsy

Thanks for the info, although I would like to see the app working for myself before I decide to purchase (different handset / network etc.) I'll also check on the refund option availability for the UK Android Market. Still would be nice to see an evaluation version....

ndoren Newbie

Yes, I agree, it would be nice for Sling to provide a "free" or "lite" trial version.  I love the Slingplayer app, for sure.  Yet, they are slow to make any changes to the app.  They are still selling the initial release version, and it's yet to be updated even once.  It works fine, but I guess my point is that i wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a trial version.  Neall